The Open Hardware Summit (OHS) invites submissions for the 8th annual summit, to be held on Thursday, October 5, 2017 in Denver Colorado at City Hall. The Open Hardware Summit is a venue to present, discuss, and learn about open hardware of all kinds. The summit examines open hardware and its relation to other issues, such as software, design, business, law, and education. We are seeking submissions for talks from individuals and groups working with open hardware and related areas.
Speaker Submissions are open! APPLY HERE
DEADLINE IS MAY 1 2017
Notification of accepted proposals will happen by June 1 2017
Topics of interest for the summit include, but are not limited to:
- Digital fabrication
- Wearables, e-textiles, and fashion tech
- Quantified-self hardware
- Means of supporting collaboration and community interaction
- On demand and low volume manufacturing
- Distributed development and its relationship to physical goods
- Software design tools (CAD / CAM)
- DIY technology
- Ways of sharing
- Business models
- Competition and collaboration
- Sustainability of open hardware products (e.g. how to unmake things)
- Industrial design
- Open hardware in the enterprise
- Specific product domains: e.g. science, agriculture, communications, medicine
- Legal and intellectual property implications of open-source hardware
- Open hardware in education
- Addressing the gender imbalance or other types of under-representation in the open hardware community
- Life Hacking
- Expected duration for talks is between 10 and 20 minutes, depending on the number and quality of submissions
- All talks are plenary (i.e. presented to the entire summit audience)
- Talk submissions primarily consisting of marketing for a product, non-profit, or company will not be accepted. Talks that share knowledge and insight derived from work on commercial products or organizations are welcome.
- The Summit, including its chairs and staff, is volunteer-based and OSHWA operates as a 501(c)(3) non-profit, as a result we cannot offer travel assistance or speaker stipends.
Submissions form is available here.
Email submission will not be accepted.
- Submit proposal: here
- Email the Review Chair at email@example.com